You try to import a new Chart of Accounts but an error message appears after you press Import: 'No G/L accounts found in the file or Error in the file'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Access the Fine-Tune task Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Under Chart of Accounts press on the Edit chart of accounts link.
- In the top table add a row and enter the Chart of accounts ID, starting with Z and the Description and press Save.
- Select the new entry and press Import from Microsoft Excel.
- Now browse for your xml file.
- Press Import.
- The error message appears: 'No G/L accounts found in the file or Error in the file'.
You have saved your Chart of accounts as XML spreadsheet. For the Import to work ensure that the XML file is saved as XML Data.
Open your charts of accounts in Microsoft Excel.
Go to the File tab and press Save as and select the XML Data (*.xml) file type.
Your Chart of Accounts can now be imported with no issues.
import CoA, import chart of accounts, No G/L accounts found in the file or Error in the file , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem