User submits an external request with a 2-step approval process. After all steps are approved, if an approver is inactivated in LMS, the approver disappear from External Request form.
Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
Prior deactivating the approver.
- Create 2 Approval Roles (Supervisor 1 and Training Coordinator 1)
- Create a 2-step Approval Process.
- Set the Supervisor 1 as the first approver and the Training Coordinator 1 as the second approver
- Create 3 users (IDs: student, supervisor, training_coordinator)
- Set the Approval Roles accordingly to each user. User "student" won't have an Approval Role.
- Set user "supervisor" as "student's" Supervisor
- Under Global Variables > Approval Process Settings, select the Approval Process you just created under "External Submission Default Process ID" and "External Verification Default Process ID". Click on "Apply Changes"
- As an user, create an External Request.
- Fill all the required fields and click on "Submit".
- First approver will be student's Supervisor.
- Select "training_coordinator" as the second approver.
- Finish the process.
- Log in as "supervisor" and "training_coordinator" accordingly and approve the request.
- After this is all approved, go to admin side.
- Access "student" profile > External Requests
- Click on "View Request".
- Scroll all the way down.
- Supervisor and Training Coordinator will have the Approvers names
- Now, deactivate the Supervisor.
- Go back to student's profile and click on "View Request" again.
- Supervisor's name will be removed.
After deactivating the approver:
Per Engineering team confirmation, Inactive Users are filtered from the Approvers' list, hence, the Approver Name is removed. This is the system expected behavior.
- A System Enhancement can be raised if there is a strong business need to have the approver's name showing in the form.
2090228 - How to submit enhancement requests for SAP SuccessFactors products
SF 182 Form, External Request, Approver is removed from form , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , Product Enhancement