When exporting a story using the option "Save as file" and file type PDF, the export takes an unusually long time.
Stories can take 20 minutes or more to export depending on the number of tabs, and individual tabs can take 3 minutes or more.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.17, 2018.18
Reproducing the Issue
- Issue only occurs with stories that have a comment column as part of the table.
- Choose option "Save as file" and file type PDF and export
- Export will take a long time
- This issue is due to the inclusion of a comment column in one or more tabs of the story.
- Basically if you have a commenting column the UI has to wait for the rendering until the commenting service has send its response back to the UI.
- This is only for the commenting column as it is part of the PDS export.
- As we have to wait for the commenting service (which takes a while) the only thing you can do is, beside waiting, to remove the commenting column for your PDF export.
Issue is fixed in 2018.17.2 and 2018.18.1 patch release.
Issue is also fixed in wave 2018.19 and forwards.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem