Attempting to export certain reports using the multi export option fails for certain reports with a message similar to the below one:
The following files did not export correctly: controllerName=reportCenterImportExportController&BOOKID=1c98e899-75ff-41bc-b33c-539ce54ac506&moduleType=ORD&BOOKNAME=Report name with special character=,&
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors Report Center
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Report Center and select one or more reports with one or more of the following special characters in the name "=" "&" "?" (Equal to, ampersand, Question mark)
- Export the selected reports.
- A message similar to the following one pops up.
- Although a zip file named 'export' is ready for download, it will not include the reports with special characters in the name.
If reports without special characters in the name are selected, they will be included in the exported zip file.
The issue has been acknowledged by our Engineering team and a code fix is currently under development.
Note that the issue affects only reports with special characters = , & and ?.
The code fix is currently scheduled to be included in the B1902 / 2019-Q1 release.
Internal ticket # for reference - AYT-21615
The following workarounds can be used meanwhile:
- Rename the report(s) under concern and remove the aforementioned special characters from the name
- Use the export option from the Action menu and download the reports individually (one at a time)
The following files did not export correctly, Report Center Export, Special Characters, Report Center Multi Actions 1811, AYT-15188, AYT-21615 , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Center , Bug Filed