- Duplicate Data sent to downstream system
- SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
To reproduce this issue:
- You have developed an interface to update changes to a downstream system.
- As per the "SAP Best Practices for SuccessFactors Employee Central Third-Party Integration" guide you have configured the IFlow in a way that uses the <execution_timestamp> as the query point.
- You see duplicate records in the Payload received by the downstream system.
- The "SAP Best Practices for SuccessFactors Employee Central Third-Party Integration" was created based on using Compound Employee in Full-Mode not Delta.
- There is an Overlap in time between the <execution_timestamp> and the Last Modified Date set on the Employees records from the previous run. The Difference is small but is any changes occur in this overlap they will be picked up again as duplicates.
The "SAP Best Practices for SuccessFactors Employee Central Third-Party Integration" guide uses Compound Employee full mode where duplicate changes should not harm the receiving system. If they changed this template to delta they have two choices:
- Either the Last Modified date is stored inside the middleware process to eliminate the overlap between the subsequent queries.
- Or you can make the processing logic in the receiving system more tolerant with regard to the handling of receiving the same data twice.
Compound Employee API is behaving correctly when called with a five-second overlap between the different queries. This can result in extracting the same change twice.
- Delta Duplicate
- Duplicate Changes
- <execution_timestamp> duplicate
- Delta Third Party Payroll
- SAP Best Practices Delta