The error message 'Last Name Missing' is triggered when saving a new Lead even though the field is not flagged as mandatory.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Leads view.
- Select the New button.
- Enter a value in all mandatory fields.
- Enter a value in the Contact Last Name field (Please note that this field is not mandatory).
- Select enter.
- Now remove this entry and select enter again.
- Select the Save button.
- The error message 'Last Name Missing' is triggered even though the field is not mandatory.
When you enter a value for the Contact last name and select the enter button, the Contact person is created for that Lead and also the Account/ Contact relationship has been created. When you then remove the Contact Last Name and select the enter button, the Contact with relationship to Account still exists.
This is the expected system behaviour. If you want to create a Lead with an Account and do not want to create a Contact relevant for the Lead, you can just cancel the Lead and select the New button to create a new Lead again.
KBA , leads , 'last name missing' , mandatory , LOD-CRM-MKT-PRO , Prospect , Problem