- You try to clear a down payment request with a payment of a lower value.
- To clear the difference you want to maintain a cash discount with a Payment difference reason of type Under/Over payment.
- However, only payment difference reason 97-Currency Exchange differences is available.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
In the Payment Management work center go to the Payment Allocation view.
- Find your Payment Allocation with status In preparation and open it.
- Press View all.
- In the Customer/Supplier tab, in the Open Items table check the Payment and Down payment request item.
- To clear the difference select the Down Payment Request item and go to the Other Discounts column.
- Click on the blue 0,00 to open the Addition Discounts and Credits pop up table.
- Press Add Row.
- Here, only Payment Difference Reason 97- Currency exchange differences is available.
For down payments it is assumed that a specific set amount is to be paid. Therefore, the differences to occur can only be differences from differing payment currencies.
There are no cash discounts available for down payments (as well as tax payments). Hence, the payment differences of the groups 4-Cash Discounts, 5- Under/Overpayment, cannot be selected in the payment clearing.
Here, only differences from varying exchange rates, can be used.
Ideally, there should be no difference between Down Payment Request and Payment amounts so that both will clear to zero.
If there is a difference between both documents, not occurring from differing currency rates, an option would be to allocate the difference amount to a G/L account directly in the Payment Allocation:
- In the Payment Allocation, in the Customer/Supplier Open items tab select the Down Payment Request item.
- In the Applied Net Amount field enter the same amount as the payment amount.
- Navigate to the Allocation to G/L Account tab and here enter the difference amount.
- Press post.
payment difference reason missing for down payment request, Anzahlungsanforderung Abzug, Tax Payments, Steuerzahlungen , KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , Problem