In an existing Sales Quote, when the Valid From date is changed, the Valid To date is recalculated according to the number of the days that you've increased or decreased from the last Valid From date.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Sales Quotes view.
- Open the quote ABC (ABC represents the Sales Quote ID).
- Click on Edit.
- Change the date of Valid From field.
- Click on Save.
- The Valid To date will be changed according to the number of the days that you've increased or decreased from the last Valid From date. However, you're expecting that the Valid To date not be changed.
During the Sales Quote creation the Valid From and Valid To are defaulted based in the Fine-Tune Activity Date Profiles. This configuration is only relevant for this initial defaulting.
The behavior is that a change of the Valid From date will shift the period completely and keep the duration stable (for example, +5 days on the Valid From will add +5 days on the Valid To).
The Valid From and Valid To dates belong together as a period.
This is the expected system behavior.
After the Sales Quote creation the Validity itself can be changed by changing the Valid To date.
Sales Quote Validity, Valid From, Valid To, Date Profiles , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , How To