You want to create a Point-of-Sale Transaction with a Sales Kit item, however, this is not possible.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
You create a Sales Transaction via the web service PointOfSaleTransactionProcessingPointOfSaleTransactionIn using a Sales Kit.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Point-of-Sale Transactions view and the Sales Transactions sub view.
- The newly created Sales Transaction is in status Inconsistent.
- Click on the Check button
- The following errors are displayed:
- Sales Item XY - A: Type of product not valid (where XY is the ID of the Sales Transaction and A the line item).
- Sales Item XY - A: The product ABC has the logistics status Initial or In Preparation (where ABC is the ID of the Sales Kit).
- Sales Item XY - A: The product ABC in the planning area XYZ has the planning status Initial or In Preparation (where XYZ is the ID of Planning Area).
The PointOfSaleTransactionProcessingPointOfSaleTransactionIn, when you create a Point Of Sales Transaction (Inventory Material), it's necessary to pass Site ID and Logisticas Area ID. So, for a Sales Kit this would not be possible, because the sub items could have different LogisticsAreaID.
As a possible solution for this scenario, you can add each sub item of Sales Kit seperately to the POS (Point-Of-Sales) transaction.
Point-Of-Sales ; Sales Kit ; POS ; Sales Transaction; Type of product not valid; Kit; , KBA , AP-POS-POS , Point-of-Sale Transaction , How To