You want to upload Leads using the excel template. When you fill both the first name and the last name of the Owner, you receive the error: "The value 'Firstname Lastname' of the field Owner is not valid".
When you enter only the last name or the Employee ID, the upload works and the Lead is being created.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales workcenter.
- Go to the Leads view.
- Click Menu > Import from Excel.
- In the downloaded file, fill the desired fields with the Owner in the format Firstname Lastname.
- Click to Save data to the system.
- Result: "The value 'Firstname Lastname' of the field Owner is not valid".
- Fill only the last name in the field Owner.
- Result: now the upload works.
We recommend to only use the Employee Internal ID.
For the upload to work, the data needs to be aligned (mapped) from the Excel to the correct fields in Cloud for Customer.
The field Owner is mapped to the EmployeeInternalID so the upload works correctly and precise with the ID of the owner. It also works if you enter the last name or first name only, because the binding of EmployeeInternalID is based on the type APC_S_PARTY_ID as Identifier; however, to avoid wrong association in the case of two employees with the same name existing in the system, we recommend to avoid to input the name.
Please only use the ID for the field Owner when uploading Leads using the excel template.
owner, name, employee, ID, upload leads, excel, import , KBA , LOD-CRM-LM , Lead Management , Problem