- A story which was previously working no longer loads
- Error message “Failed to load page” appears but there is no clear reason as to why error suddenly occurs
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.18
Reproducing the Issue
No specific reproduction case. Issue occurs with a story that loaded previously
- A chart in the story was somehow corrupted.
- From analyzing logs and error traces, it seems that the chart in question somehow ended up in a partially created or removed state. To clarify a bit further, before an object (chart, table etc) in a story can be displayed, we need certain information to be present in the definition of the story in order to display it.
- In the case of this chart, only a portion of the information was available and the chart could not be successfully displayed.
- This issue should be a rare occurrence as we are not aware of another instance of this occurring.
Currently the only solution if a story is in this state is to open a support incident to resolve the issue.
In the future we are going to work on better handling situations like this in the product so if it does occur it wont be as severe as it is now.
Instead of a Failed to load Page error, we will try and isolate the problem widgets (charts etc) and load as much of the working portions of the page as possible.
This will make it easier for end users to remove problem widgets, and re-create them instead of intervention being needed from SAP development.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem