- Unable to pass double-byte characters (Chinese, Japanese...) to the open story URL in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.19.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Prepare one model having dimension value in double-byte characters (Chinese, Japanese...) in SAC tenant.
=> You can take attachment as sample file to be uploaded into SAC for creating model.
- Create one story on the model.
=> Ensure that you can use story filter to choose the dimension value in double-byte characters to filter data.
- Build Open Story URL to pass value in double-byte characters (Chinese, Japanese...) to Filter Parameters by referring to SAP Analytics Cloud URL API Developer Guide.
=> https://<TENANT>/sap/fpa/ui/tenants/<TENANT_ID>/bo/story/<STORY_ID>?f01Model=<MODEL_ID>&f01Dim=<DIMENSION_ID>&f01Val=<MEMBER_ID in Chinese or Japanese>
- Copy-paste the URL to Chrome browse to try to open the story.
=> The double-byte characters (Chinese, Japanese...) is passed to the story filter as encoded values, but it is not decoded and recognized correctly in the story filter to get correct result.
=> Same issue occurs even using encoded value for the double-byte characters in the URL.
This issue has been identified as product defect.
This issue is planning to be fixed on wave 2018.22.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, open, story, url, pass, apply, filter, value, parameter, transfer, double-byte, Chinese, Japanese , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Bug Filed