When trying to add a new row in the Territory Management Rules you receive a dump/ system exception/ error message: '500 SAP Internal Server Error' which forces you to close the screen. You cannot edit the Territory Rules manually.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
You have two options to navigate to the Territory Rules:
Go to the Sales work centre.
- Go to the Realignment Runs view.
- Click the Maintain Territory Rules link.
- Go to the Administrator work centre.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Navigate to the Sales and Campaign Settings facet.
- In the Work Distribution section, click the Define Rules for Territory Realignment link.
- Click Add Row.
- System exception occurs, error message: '500 SAP Internal Server Error' appears.
The total number of rules in your system is over 10000, so when you try to update the rules by clicking Add row the system will trigger an exception (dump), as the UI does not support working with a data set this large.
Please update the rules using the excel upload/download function.
Use the navigation steps as above (1-3 / 1-4). In the Rules view, use the Upload/ Download button.
SAP Help Portal
- Maintain Territory Realignment Rules
- Define Territory Realignment Rules
Related KBA Article: 2617406 - Not all the Rules Defined in Sales and Campaign Settings will be Displayed in the List
Maintain Territory Rules; Define Rules for Territory Realignment; Territory Management Rules; Dump, Exception; error message; Add; Insert; row, Territory; 500 SAP Internal Server Error; , KBA , illegal sort order , itab_illegal_sort_order , LOD-CRM-TM , Territory Management , Problem