The candidate goes to the external career site to fill more information as they move forward in the talent pipeline, and find a blank page without any field, they only see the job title.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
- Multi-stage Application
Reproducing the Issue
- Open external career site;
- Go to Job Management > Jobs Applied;
- Select a job that they applied for > edit application;
- Find a page without anything in it, only the title of the job requisition.
The reason this is happening is because the 'Name of Status' in Status Set is set differently in the Job Requisition template: a typo, something missing, something extra, a space, etc.
In the Job Requisition Template for the example I used as test above, the status is set as the following:
But the name of the status in Applicant Status Set for the above status is "Phone Screen", check the status in Edit Applicant Status Configuration in Admin Center:
The field 'Name of Status' should be exactly the same in Edit Applicant Status Set. Consequently, using the example above, the job requisition template should be set as:
NOTE: Please, note that the 'Name of Status' is the one that needs to match the status in the XML. Although my 'Internal Label' is set as 'Phone Screen Details' in my example, the error persists because the field defining the status (<status></status>) takes this information from the field Name of Status in Applicant Status Set.
Also, note that when you're uploading the XML in Provisioning, a warning shows up and tells you how many times you have that status written wrongly in your template, validating against the Status Set that will be used for that template:
Then, to solve this issue, you need to update that information on field-permissions in the XML. To update the XML, you have two options:
- Contact your partner to update the information in the XML template, and upload it back to Provisioning;
- Or, select the correct status via Manage Templates.
For updating that information via Manage Templates, please, check this KBA:
Check the possible scenarios below for more information regarding this issue:
Scenario 1: If field-permission type="read" has the status set/written wrongly in the XML, but the field-permission type="write" has the status set/written correctly in the XML:
- The type="write" permission is more powerful than type="read", hence the candidate will be able to see the fields and edit.
Scenario 2: If field-permission type="read" has the status set/written wrongly in the XML, but the field-permission type="write" has the status set/written wrongly in the XML:
- When both type="read" and type="write" are set wrongly the Edit Application page goes blank, the behavior explained in this article.
Scenario 3: If field-permission type="read" has the status set/written correctly in the XML, but the field-permission type="write" has the status set/written wrongly in the XML:
- The applicant will be able to see the fields, but won't be able to edit them.
Scenario 4: If field-permission type="read" has the status set/written correctly in the XML, but the field-permission type="write" has the status set/written correctly in the XML:
- This is the correct configuration, then the applicant will be able to see the fields and fill them as expected.
Candidate, applicant status set, status set, status name, jobs applied, job management, external career site, page blank, application blank, jobs applied blank, edit application, multi stage application. , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem