- Some records show blank data for Current Step Owner and Workflow Step Owner fields
- The 'Open Workflow Requests' standard report is not showing the Current Step Approver Name for some workflows
SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
The Workflow has a Dynamic Role, Dynamic Group or Position configured as Approver Type for the Step.
The records that have missing current step owner is due to that step being for a group (e.g. Dynamic group/Role/Position) and not an individual.
From the Workflow Requests side, Owner ID for a Dynamic Group step is not generated. In this case the column 'Current Step Approver Type' is filled with the label 'DYNAMIC_GROUP' and the subsequent 2 columns are filled with the respective ID and name of the dynamic group. To derive the members of the dynamic group, it’s required to run the 3nd page of the 'Open Workflow Requests' standard report 'page 3 - Dynamic Group Member Assignment'.
In this case the column 'Current Step Approver Type' is filled with the label 'POSITION' and the subsequent 2 columns are filled with the respective Position ID and Position Name. To derive the incumbents of the position, it’s required to run the standard report 'Position Details'. Keep in mind, that there can be multiple incumbents on the position when it’s a mass position ('multiple incumbents allowed' = 'true')
For Dynamic Role step, if approvers were assigned via a dynamic group, we still leave owner id as empty. All of the members showing in the workflow pages are generated at the run time.
The only time you will see both owner id and role id as having data, is when the Step has a Dynamic Role Approver Type and the assignments within the Dynamic Role is a Person. The respective 'resolver types' are being resolved into:
- Person: Here, the 'owner' (= processor) of the pending workflow step is available in the workflow step table and can directly be reported
- Dynamic Group: See above under 'Dynamic group'
- Position: See above under 'Position'
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures > Workflow > Select workflow name
- Note the Approver Type for each step
- Go to Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures > Dynamic Role > Select Role name
- Check the Approver Type. If the Type is Person, then the report is expected to display values for the Owner. If the type is a Dynamic Group, then there is no Owner data stored, so the value will be blank in the report. You can also compare the approvers here with what is showing in the Manage Workflow Request View Workflow Participants page, but note that the approver names there are only generated during runtime or upon clicking View.
workflow step owner no data blank step owner in reports current step owner no data workflow reports dynamic steps , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , How To