You are getting an error while trying to enter a value in the code field of a custom fine tuning activity.
XX is not a Valid Value for this Field. Enter a Valid Value, where XX is a the code value entered in the field.
SAP Cloud Application Studio
SAP Business Bydesign
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Login to frontend UI.
- Navigate to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Open the Activity list.
- Find and open the custom finetuning activity.
- Click on Add Row button to add a new value.
- When you enter a value in the code field, error appears.
If the UI is modified by you and the CCTS type is set as code then you will not be able to add a new row from the fine tuning activity.
Login to SDK.
- Open the relevant solution.
- Navigate to the BC view component of the fine tuning activity.
- Double click on the file to open it in the UI designer.
- Select the field where you have entered the value in the UI.
- Go to the properties tab and check the CCTS type which is maintained as code.
- Change the type from Code to Text.
- Save and Activate.
- Deploy Business Configuration of the solution.
- You will be able to add rows.
As a pre-requisiste you can check the below KBA if all the settings are maintained properly or not:
Enter a Valid Value Unable to add row Custom fine tuning activity not working Error while adding new row , KBA , ccts type as code , unable to add row , enter a valid value , AP-RC-BDS-BC , ByDesign Studio Business Configuration , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , AP-RC-BDS-UI , ByDesign Studio UI Generation , AP-RC-UIF-DT , UI Framework Designtime , Problem