You get error as "Valuation of resource XYZ in company ABC failed on YYYY.MM.DD" in Material Cost Estimate Run
Business ByDesign All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inventory Valuation work center and view Periodic Tasks and then select Material Cost Estimate.
- Open a run and check the log, there is error of "Valuation of resource XYZ in company ABC failed on YYYY.MM.DD". XYZ stands for the resource ID. ABC stands for the company ID. YYYY.MM. DD is the posting date of material cost estimate.
In the production models for both the product DEF (DEF stands for Product ID which costs the resource XYZ) you can find that under bill of operations, the quality check
activity has no duration maintained against it. As the cost rate is determined based on the duration of the activity, hence it is failing.
Update the duration of resource XYZ in production model of product DEF.
- Go to Planning and Production Master Data work center and view Production Models.
- Edit the production mode of product DEF.
- In Bill of Operation, select BoO Structure.
- Select Quality Check Activity and maintain Fixed Duration for it.
- Start the materal cost estimate again.
Material Cost Estimate, Valuation of Resource, Bill of Opertion, Production Model, Quality Check Activity, Fixed Duration, Cost Rate, 物料成本估算，成本结算，生产模型，质检活动，固定工时, 资源成本 , KBA , AP-COS-MCE , Material Cost Estimate , Problem