You get error as "Valuation of resource XYZ in company ABC failed on YYYY.MM.DD" in Material Cost Estimate Run
Business ByDesign All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks view.
- Select Material Cost Estimate.
- Open the relevant run.
- Check the log.
Note: The error "Valuation of resource XYZ in company ABC failed on YYYY.MM.DD" is displayed.
(XYZ stands for the resource ID), (ABC stands for the company ID), (YYYY.MM. DD is the posting date of material cost estimate)
In the production models for both the product DEF (DEF stands for Product ID which costs the resource XYZ) you can find that under Bill of Operations, some activities have no duration maintained against them.
As the cost rate is determined based on the duration of the activities the system cannot valuate and the error is shown.
Update the duration of resource XYZ in production model of product DEF.
- Go to the Planning and Production Master Data work center.
- Go to the Production Models view.
- Edit the production model of product DEF.
- In Bill of Operation field, select BoO Structure.
- Select the Activity for which duration is not set up and maintain Fixed Duration for it.
- Start the material cost estimate again.
Material Cost Estimate, Valuation of Resource, Bill of Operation, Production Model, Quality Check Activity, Fixed Duration, Cost Rate, 物料成本估算，成本结算，生产模型，质检活动，固定工时, 资源成本 , KBA , AP-COS-MCE , Material Cost Estimate , Problem