- Should changes be made in Define Employee Fields when People Profile is enabled?
- The tool 'Define Employee Fields' is visible in instance when People Profile is enabled
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Employee Profile - People Profile
- Employee Profile - V12
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > Search for Define Employee Fields.
- As you can see the tool is showing even though People Profile is enabled in the instance.
Even though "Define Employee Fields" shows in the instance when People Profile is enabled, it should not be used.
The tool was introduced under Employee Profile V12 and has no use anymore as all changes to Background fields should be handled under Manage Business Configuration.
It has been made obsolete and no further modifications/upgrades will be added in the future.
Currently there is an open enhancement to have the tool removed from Admin Center.
Define Employee fields, People Profile, Manage Business Configuration , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-PP3 , People Profile , Problem