Model based on Salesforce connection does not retain hierarchy after updating model in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.15.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a new model from Salesforce.
- Click Import button.
=> Note that Data Integration view doesn’t appear to perform data preparation. Instead, the model will be created directly.
- After the model is created, create a parent-child hierarchy in Modeler.
- Save and then go to Datasources tab.
- Click Update Model Now button.
- After the data refresh is completed, go to the dimension where the hierarchy is created in step 4
=> The hierarchy is still there.
- Leave and then re-open the model.
=> The hierarchy is missing.
This issue is bydesign. SAP Analytics Cloud does not support hierarchies for Salesforce dot com models currently. Thus, the defined hierarchies in the modeler will be wiped out after you refresh your model. The Refresh workflow for salesforce dot com connector cleans up the model and all its content. Because of the client-side caching the changes can only be seen after re-opening the model.
- We are planning to work on a new version of the connector to resolve these limitations for salesforce dot com models, in 2019.
- Please raise an enhancement in our Customer Influence site.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Bug Filed