You are reporting over the data source Maintenance Plan (COD_MAINTENANCE_PLAN_U01), and noticed that the field Next Run Date, and Next Run Calculated are showing #Not Assigned values. When you go to the product, on the Maintenance Plans tab, it is possible to see that there is a field called "Next Run Date" and you can also see a scheduled date there.
Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business analytics work center.
- Open a report based on the data source Maintenance Plan.
- Run the report and check the field Next Run Date, the field is showing # value.
It happens because Next Run Details field in the UI and the Next Run Date field in the Data Source Maintenance Plan are different fields.
The Next Run Date of an item in the report is populated only when there is a Next Run MDRO (The scheduled Job for the Next Run) associated with the corresponding active maintenance plan.
Be aware that "Next Run MDRO" is different than "MDRO Run" in context of maintenance plans:
1. MDRO Run: The function of this MDRO is to create tickets if the conditions of the maintenance plan are met.
2. Next Run MDRO: The function of this MDRO is to populate fields "Next Run Date" and "Next Run Calculated On" which can then be used in reports.
Sometimes the "MDRO Run" field is filled with an MDRO, the "Next Run MDRO" field in the maintenance plans is empty. Thus, making the fields empty in the report.
Please keep in mind that Next Run Date is only valid for time based plans.
To create the Next Run Date field in the report, following are the steps:
- Go to Administrator -> Service and Social -> Configure Maintenance Plan Next Run Schedule.
- Create an MDRO.
- Set it to active and save it.
- Go to Maintenance Plan header and populate the "Next Run MDRO" field with the MDRO that was created in step 2.
- Schedule the MDRO.
After the MDRO has executed, the Next Run Date that is calculated will be filled in the report along with Next Run Calculated On.
Next Run Date, Next Run, Next Run Plans, MDV Maintenance Plan. , KBA , LOD-CRM-MPL , Maintenance Plan Processing , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To