You opened the preview of data source Opportunity Notes or created a customized report on top of it and realized that it only shows the latest Note but not the earlier Opportunity Notes.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Analytics work center.
Select the view Design Data Sources.
- Search for data source Opportunity Notes (ID CODOPPNOTESB) and open the Preview.
- Add Characteristic Notes to the View.
- You realize that it only displays the latest Note of the Opportunity but not all the earlier Notes.
This is the expected system behavior. In order to see all the notes you need to change the scoping for Opportunity Notes.
Go to the Business Configuration work.
Select the view Implementation Projects.
- Edit Project Scope and go to Step 4 - Questions.
- Go to Scoping Element Sales and expand it.
- Go to New Business and select Opportunities.
- Go to the right hand side and look for Opportunity Notes (2).
- The question Do you want to enable users to see earlier versions of opportunity notes? is not in scope.
- If you want to see also the earlier notes then you need to tick this box and scope this question.
As this data source can store every opportunity note available in your system a selection/filter on the opportunity is recommended. Otherwise the performance will be impacted.
Opportunities, Notes, Data Source, CODOPPNOTESB, latest Note, reporting, scoping , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To