You have a business use case where all the Employees in the organization do not access or login to the system. Therefore, you do not want a User ID for all the Employees. Your requirement is to migrate Employees into the system without providing User ID for some of the Employees in the migration file. During validation of the upload file, system throws the error:
'Business User': Mandatory value missing in column 'User_ID'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Employee Data – XYZ (where XYZ represents a country)
- Choose Migrate basic employee data using the migration tool
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with migration mode Add new records
- You receive the error message in the Validation step
You have not filled the User ID field in the Business User sheet in migration file. User ID field is mandatory while migrating Employees using the migration tool.
When you manually create an Employee in Personnel Administration work center, there will be a Business User automatically created for the corresponding Employee in the Business Users view in Application and User Management work center. The same holds true for migration approach.
Therefore, in the migration file, in the Business User sheet, you must provide the User ID even if the respective Employee in the organization does not necessarily access or login to system.
Business User, User ID, Mandatory value missing , KBA , user id , migrate basic employee data , mandatory value missing , business user , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Problem