Need to get API request and response of some API Call made to SuccessFactors, this applies for a call made from any environment, the browser, a middleware like HCI or some tool as long as the call was made via API.
- Enable the OData API audit log as described in this KBA: 2680837 - How to see API payloads in Audit Logs; This log will be available/active for 4 consecutive hours.
- Reproduce your issue (if possible), in your tool/middleware/browser (used postman below as example):
If you are using HCI or Boomi, you can deploy your artifact/Iflow to reproduce the call.
- Go to SuccessFactors and select OData API data Dictionary, every call made to SuccessFactors via API should be recorded there:
- Search for the call using the Session ID or the Entity and the Time Stamp:
- You can Download and send the request and response attached on your ticket:
Remember, if you are not able to see the logs here, you can reproduce the issue again and if the error persists, you can enable again the payloads of the step 1. Remember that this will be recording once you see the expire date as explained on the KBA of step 1.
- If you are using SFAPI, you can follow the same above steps but please note that you will access the SFAPI audit log instead of OData audit logs to retrieve your logs;
- In case you are not able to access "OData API audit logs" page, take a look at this KBA: 2250344 - SuccessFactors: How to enable OData API.
How to get API logs on SuccessFactors, sfapi audit logs, odata audit logs, how to provide audit logs, audit logs, audit log. , KBA , LOD-SF-INT , SF Integrations - EC Payroll, Boomi/ HCI, API , LOD-SF-INT-API , SF API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , How To