You are getting the message 'No approver found; task is unassigned' in the sales order approval Process tab.
Also, the relevant Sales Order Approval task remain unassigned under Business Task Management.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Select and Edit the Sales Order XYZ. (XYZ represents the sales order ID)
- Click on View All and navigate to Approval Process tab.
- System shows message No approver found; task is unassigned.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Approval Processes view.
- Select the approval process for Sales Order.
- The Reporting Line Manager is maintained as the Work Distribution rule.
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center.
- Go to the Employees view.
- Select the Employee PQR. (PQR represents the Employee Responsible in the Sales Order XYZ)
- Manager is maintained under Reports To.
System always checks for the Org Unit Manager of the Org Unit of the employee PQR and searches up the hierarchy. Since there is no Org Unit Manger maintained for the Org Unit and also at the higher Org Units, system is unable to find the approver.
Go to the Organizational Management work center.
Go to the Org Structures view.
- Search and Edit the org unit DEF. (DEF represents the Org unit in which the employee PQR is maintained)
- Maintain the Org Unit Manager under General tab.
- Click on Activate -> Activate Selected Structure.
- Click on Save and Close.
Approval rule not working; BTM task not assigned; Approval task unassigned; , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem