'401: Unauthorized' Error message
- Successfactors OData or SFAPI
- Dell Boomi
- SAP CPI (HCI)
Reproducing the Issue
Getting any of the 401 Unauthorized error message below:
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message., cause: org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPException: HTTP response '401: Unauthorized' when communicating with...
Error message received from Http Server, Code 401: Unauthorized; Caused by: Error message received from Http Server, Code 401: Unauthorized
The 401 Unauthorized Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that the request sent by the client could not be authenticated.
It indicates that the requested resource is restricted and requires authentication, but the client failed to provide any such authentication.
This might occur in one of a handful of possible scenarios:
- The client sent its authentication credentials to the server, but the server has rejected the credentials for some reason.
- The client failed to provide any authentication credentials within the request.
- The client is banned for some reason. Some applications use 401 Unauthorized Errors to restrict access requests from specific IP addresses, so if authentication is not the issue, a server-side ban could be the problem.
Scenario 1) - Perform the below Check:
- Invalid Login Credentials
Check if the the Password is not correct. It may be locked or expired;
- Invalid URL:
Check for errors in the URL. It's possible that the 401 Unauthorized error appeared because the URL was typed incorrectly or the link that was clicked on points to the wrong URL - one that is for authorized users only.
For the Scenario 2), please also review this other KBA (applicable for Boomi):
2684320 - Error message received from Http Server, Code 401: Unauthorized
All HTTP response status codes that are in the 4xx category are considered client error responses.
The following messages are also client-side errors and so are related to the 401 Unauthorized error:
400 Bad Request, 403 Forbidden, 404 Not Found, and 408 Request Timeout.
401: Unauthorized, Code 401, SuccessFactors, OData, SFAPI, API, Invalid Login Credentials, error, HTTP response 401 , KBA , LOD-SF-INT , SF Integrations - EC Payroll, Boomi/ HCI, API , LOD-SF-INT-API , SF API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , How To