After a layout import, fields that do not appear in the source tenant, are not deleted from the target tenant.
SAP Cloud for Customer/ Sales /Service / Fiori
Reproducing the Issue
Target tenant has a field ABC, in the Overview facet, of the sales order(ABC Represents the name of the field).
Source tenant does not have the field ABC.
You have already exported the DEF master layout file of source tenant(DEF is the name of the master layout file).
- Log into the target tenant in HTML5.
- Click the Adapt button to open the dropdown.
- Select the Import Layout option.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select the DEF file.
- Click the Apply button.
- Wait for the import to complete.
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Select the Sales Order view.
- Open a sales order.
- Select the Overview facet.
You can see that the ABC field is still available.
Layout imports do not remove fields.
If a field is not referenced in the layout XML, it will not be affected in the target tenant.
This is expected system behavior.
Import Layout, Field, Field Availability. , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , LOD-LE-CQP-CO , Lean Sales Orders , Problem