You want to Edit or Cancel an In Transfer Incoming External Payment and you notice that the Edit and Reverse buttons are greyed out.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work centre.
- Go to the Payment Monitor view.
- Show All Payments and search for the Incoming External Payment ID: XXX (XXX stands for the payment ID).
The payment is in status In transfer. The Edit, Reverse and Create Remittance Advice buttons are greyed out. It is not possible to cancel the payment.
- An External Payment is a document created in an External System (outside of ByDesign) and replicated in ByDesign system.
- For such documents, it is not possible that you can perform the actions like Cancel, Create Remittance Advice.
- Only for the documents that have been created from the ByDesign system, these actions are allowed.
This is the normal system behaviour.
In Transfer External Payment, Edit or Cancel Incoming External Payment. , KBA , SRD-FIN-MOP , Payment Management , Problem