When you are trying to create an Outbound Delivery with Release or Without Release using option Create Outbound Delivery, system crashes.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics work center.
- Select the Delivery Control view and the sub-view Delivery Proposal.
- Select All Delivery Proposals from the Show drop-down.
- Find and select the relevant Delivery Proposal ID for which you want to create an Outbound Delivery.
- Choose the Create Outbound Delivery with/without release button.
- System crashes everytime.
Here the Delivery Type is Return to Supplier therefore system checks for restricted stock in the Return to Supplier scenario and since this is not available it is unable to propose the logistics area and proceed thus resulting in system crash in consecutive processing.
Using option Create Outbound Delivery with/without release directly, the system creates the OD in the background.
So when no logistics area is proposed it is unable to continue though there is a stock in the inventory however it is not restricted stock.
When you get a product from supplier and you want to return the material for some reasons hence need to mark products which must be returned (e.g. damaged products) as Restricted stock to differentiate between product returns from other products.
Go to Physical Inventory Work center.
- Go to Common Tasks view.
- Choose Change of Stock.
- Enter the required Site and Product ID.
- Enter the quantity and go to next guided step.
- Mark the checkbox as Restricted for required quantity with required logistics area.
- Perform Save.
- Once it is done, outbound delivery can be created.
Return to Supplier, Goods Issue, Restricted stock, Logistics Area, Inventory , KBA , return to supplier, , create outbound delivery , with release , restricted stock , without release , inventory , AP-ODP-ODR , Outbound Delivery Request , Problem