The Competitor Product shows # or X when displayed in report or previewed in database.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Run the report Opportunity Analysis.
- Go to the available fields.
- Add the Competitor Product field to the selection.
- Click Apply.
- You notice that the Competitor Product is returning a # value.
The reason you are seeing this is the field Product is of type indicator, meaning it is a YES/NO question.
YES = X, NO = #
However, this is not to be confused with the # symbol for other reports as this usually means there is no data, you need access or incorrect modelling of the data source / report.
Make sure to have your Competitor Products listed under the Competitor Products work center, otherwise the result will always be #.
Competitor Product, #, report, data source, PRODUCT, Product Master Data , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem