You are running a OData query to retrieve report information, and the following error occurs: 'An unexpected error occurred when accessing the entity data model'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics > Design Reports
- Find the report XYZ
- Select the report and click on Build OData Queries button
- Set the relevant filters to the report using the OData query builder
- Click on Generate Data Query once everything is set up
- Test the query
- See the following message appears: An unexpected error occurred when accessing the entity data model.
This error message is retrieved because you have added variable selections on one or more report fields from Report Wizard, on step 4 Characteristic Properties.
Remove the variable selections from the report, and the OData query will run successfully. Please filter/restrict the report results using the OData query builder.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To