You have created a material and unable to select Product Category as it is greyed out.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Portfolio work center.
- Click on By Materials View.
- Select the Product.
- Click on Edit.
- Observe that Product Category is greyed out.
The product category is not changeable if the material was set as a template material. This is expected system behavior.
There are two Possibilities:
First Option - You can set any other material with the same category as template.
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select material templates view.
- Create a new product categoty.
- Set that as material template and remove the original product category ID as material template.
Second Option - If the material was flagged as template by mistake, you can give us the permission to change the data in the backend. We will correct it from backend.
material templates , KBA , product category, material template , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , Problem