When you have background information set in your Candidate Profile and Employee Profile, and you have information in both, what happens with the information?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
- Candidate Profile
- In the candidate profile template I have the following fields mapped:
And as we can see, there is no mapping for the "outsideWorkExperience" field, which is my Previous Employment portlet.
- So, checking the Employee Profile I can see that I have a record for the previous employment:
- And checking the candidate profile, I can see that I also have previous employment, but the information is completely different:
- Now, I add the sm-mapping for the outsideWorkExperience on my Candidate Profile Template and upload the template again:
- Accessing the instance again, I went to my Employee Profile to check the Previous Employment:
We can see here, that the information remains the exact same, which means that the Employee Profile information was not overwritten by the Candidate Profile information.
- Now we access the Candidate Profile to check if there is any changes:
In the Candidate Profile we can see that the information from the Employee Profile was added, but the information that already existed is still there, which means that the main synchronization made by the system is from the Employee Profile to the Candidate Profile. So, for example if there is no information in the Employee Profile, but there is in the Candidate Profile, nothing will change, but every time that there is information in the Employee Profile, the same will be copied to the Candidate Profile.
- Now we will make some changes in the Candidate Profile information that is not present in the Employee Profile and save it:
- As from this moment, the information now syncs and it is also present in the Employee Profile:
sm-mapping, candidate profile, background information, employee profile, information , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAP , Candidate Profiles , How To