You log in to your C4C system (Cloud for Customer), and sort column for example in descending order in a UI component, the system remembers this setting, and next time when you open this UI component, the system shows the previously set sorting. This happens despite of sorting property set in the UI designer. This behaviour is related to the feature of Implicit Personalisation as this can affect the behaviour of custom UI elements.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
In your custom solution you have created a custom BO (Business Object).
- On top of that BO you have created either custom screens, or a custom Embedded Component.
- You wish for the column in the UI component to be sorted in either ascending or descending order.
- You maintain sorting property in the UI Designer in the same way as depicted in below screenshot.
5. When you test your custom solution, you notice that columns are not sorted in the desired order. Sometimes a particular column is sorted in ascending order, sometimes in descending despite of the maintained property in the UI Designer.
This is due to the feature called Implicit Personalisation of the sorting, available for customers in C4C systems. This means that if you log in to the system, and sort column for example in descending order in the UI, the system remembers this setting, and next time when you open this UI component, the system shows the previously set sorting. This way the property set in the UI designer gets overwritten.
This is also expected system behaviour since configuration maintained in the PDI layer, is always overwritten by personalisation maintained in the UI layer due to the designed system architecture.
This feature can be only turned off by the Key User. You need to follow the below steps:
- Click on the Adapt option in the UI.
- Choose company Settings.
- In General Tab one of the available options is Disable Implicit Personalization which means that this feature will be turned off for all users in the system.
Implicit Personalisation, Disable Implicit Personalisation, Sorting not working, wrong sorting, sorting, ui component, UI designer, , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-RT , UI Framework Runtime , Product Enhancement