- When trying to set up Data Acquisition and configure SAP Cloud Connector (SCC) to acquire data in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), below error message is seen:
"417 An authorization problem occurred when downloading the configuration. Check the spelling of the subaccount name, user, and password: 401 — Unauthorized" when adding a subaccount".
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Cloud Connector (SCC)
Reproducing the Issue
- Add a new subaccount in SAP Cloud Connector.
- Define host, subaccount, user and password as per KBA 2397165.
- Click on Save.
There could be multiple causes for such errors:
- Cause 1: The user is not a member of the subaccount.
- Cause 2: The region Host defined in Cloud Connector is incorrect.
- Solution 1: If the error is due to Cause 1 then, make sure that the user has been added in SAC > System > Datasource Configuration as per the Resolution part of KBA 2397165.
- Solution 2: If the error is due to Cause 2 then make sure the Region Host defined in SAP Cloud Connector is given appropriate as mentioned in SAC > System > DataSource Configuration.
For step by step guidance on Data Aquistion and configuring Cloud Connector, please follow the steps mentioned in SAC User's Guide and in the KBA mentioned above.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
cloud connector, data acquisition, , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Problem