You are creating a new Opportunity in offline mode using the C4C mobile app. When changing the Sales Org to a different value than maintained in the Sales Data of the Account, the fields Division and Distribution Channel are not being changed and go blank and greyed out.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Using the mobile app, go to Offline Mode.
Go to the Sales workcenter.
- Go to the Opportunity view.
- Click New to create a new Opportunity.
- Fill in the Account XYZ (XYZ stand for an Account that has a Sales Org maintained in the Sales Data).
- Notice that the fields Division and Distribution Channel are being auto populated with the data related to the Sales Org.
- Now change the Sales Org to a value that is not associated with the Account.
Result: The fields Division and Distribution Channel are being cleared and greyed out.
In Offline Mode, the party determination is different than in Online Mode. The logic searches the Account's Sales data to see if there are any Sales Arrangements maintained for this Sales Organization. It then defaults the Distribution Channel and Division maintained there.
The fields are only populated with the data of the Sales Arrangement maintained for the Sales Organization in the Account's sales data. Further, the sales data for the account must be synced to be available in offline mode.
The party determination is not the same in online and offline mode, and the sales data defaulting has limited offline functionality.
division, distribution channel, offline mode, fields, update, sales organisation , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , Problem