You are receiving an error when you are trying to change/enter the description of a BC set entry from the finetuning UI.
Change of field XYZ not permitted, where XYZ is the field name.
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Cloud Application Studio.
Reproducing the Issue
Login to frontend UI.
- Select Business Configuration -> Implementation Projects work center view.
- Open Activity List and Select the Fine-Tuning tab.
- Navigate to the custom finetuning activity which you have created via SDK.
- You delete an already existing entry with a code for example XXX.
- You re-create the entry XXX and enter the description.
- Click on Save and Error appears.
This error comes up when you delete a delivered BC Set entry on fine-tuning UI and add a new entry with the deleted Key and a new Description. Description for BC Set entries added in SDK cannot be changed on the fine-tuning activity UI.
You can delete the entry on the fine-tuning UI and re-create the same code but with the same name.
If you want to change the description of the BC Set entry which is created via SDK, then it should be done from SDK itself(even in patch versions you can change).
You can also refer to the community blog which refers to the known issues in this area:
Cannot change description in finetuning activity Change of field not allowed Value already exists Field already exists , KBA , change of field not permitted , id already exists , bc set description cannot change , AP-RC-BDS-BC , ByDesign Studio Business Configuration , Problem