You are unable to update your existing work orders for all your contingent workers when using imports to do your updates.
Common errors that can be received in the import log are:
- Cannot find corresponding referred object by keys: [vendor.vendorCode]
- Work Order cannot be inserted before the hire date i.e. before 8/24/18 12:00 AM - (Date/Time given here in this error is just an example)
- SAP successfactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
- Contingent workforce
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into instance
- Make sure you have an existing contingent workforce employee with validate job information and workorder.
- Download workorder template and fill in the template with correct information to update the workorder for this employee.(for example to change Vendor or update enddate).
- import this workorder
- go into the "Monitor job" tool and you will see a failed on this job and when you look at the log and you will see an error.
The issue is related that the workorder import template is missing the mandatory effectiveStartDate field. (See screenshot below that shows the column that should be in the template)
Images/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- Go into the "configure object definition" tool
- Choose "work order" object
- Make correction to the work order object
- Look up the "effectiveStartDate" field and make sure it is editable. (See example screenshot below)
- Save this change.
- Now go back to the import tool and download the work order template again.
- Note that you should now see the "effectiveStartDate" field added as a column
- Use this new template to redo the imports.
workorder, update, import, hire date , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CWF , Contingent Workforce , Problem