Is there a way to edit system fields, like Username, Login Method or User ID inside the instance?
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
Possible Error message:
- "Unknown response status: Error occurred"
Employees should not be allowed to edit system fields in the People Profile. Accidental edit of such fields might lead to application errors. We recommend that Admins disable edit permissions on system fields for employees. Preferably, those fields should only be editable through Manage Users screen in Admin Center, or through import of the UDF, to avoid Application Errors and any inconsistencies.
Follow the below steps in order to remove the edit permission from the system fields:
- Go to "Admin Center" > "Manage Permission Roles";
- Select the role for which you want to disable the permissions;
- Select the "Employee Data" tab, in the "User Permissions" section;
- Deselect the Edit permissions for the User ID, Username, and Login Method fields;
- Click Save Changes.
NOTE: If you try to edit the value for LoginMethod field from Employee Profile, the new value set will not be saved.
2087504 - Data Imports & Exports - Explanation of the Fields in the Employee Import File: User Import File
2086718 - How to use Employee Import - BizX Platform
Username; User ID; Login Method; Change fields; Error Occured; , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , How To