Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
When opening a Ticket which has a status different than Closed or Completed, you noticed that the Completion Date is already filled.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Service work center.
- Select the Tickets view.
- Open the Ticket ABC (ABC represents the subject of the Ticket).
- Check the Ticket Status.
- A status different than Completed or Closed is being used, but the Completion Date is set.
The update of the field Completion Date is triggered by the Assignment Status Requester Action or by the Assignment Status Not Assigned.
To check if the status being used has one of these Assignment Status, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Go to the relevant Implementation Project.
- Click Open Activity List.
- Find and open the Fine Tuning Activity Tickets for Customer Support.
- Open Maintain Status Dictionary Entries.
- Check if the status being used has the Assignment Status as Requester Action or by the Assignment Status Not Assigned. If yes, then the behavior is correct.
This is the expected behavior for the Service scenario and it is based on how the system was initially designed. In case you have a request for a different behavior, you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center (email@example.com). Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer.
Ticket; Status; Completion Date , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To