You want to set up a threshold limit for the Outgoing and Incoming Payments Approval and you notice the following:
- For Payment Approval - Outgoing Payments, Checks are an option for Payment Method.
- For Payment Approval - Incoming Payments, Checks are not available for selection for Payment.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search and open the Business Task Management for Payment and Liquidity Management activity.
- Click either on Payment approvals for Outgoing payments or Payment approvals for Incoming Payments.
For Payment Approval - Outgoing Payments, Checks are an option for Payment Method.
For Payment Approval - Incoming Payments, Checks are not available for selection for Payment Method.
Incoming checks cannot be chosen as payment method in the approval tasks, because these are physical checks and are initiated externally and will later be entered manually by the user in the system. So, they are not relevant for approval.
This is the normal system behaviour.
The Incoming Payment Approval Process can only be implemented for Incoming Direct Debit and Credit Card payment because these are internally initiated and are transmitted electronically for clearing so they might need approvals.
Payment Method, Payment Approval - Incoming Checks, Payment Approval - Outgoing Checks, Incoming Check Payment Approval Threshold, Approval for Incoming Check not working. , KBA , SRD-FIN-MOP , Payment Management , Problem