User ABC (ABC represents the user ID) is able to edit employees even though he is assigned to the business role DEF (DEF represents the business role ID) which has maintained write access for Employees as No Access.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as the user ABC.
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Go to the Users view.
- Go to the Employees sub view.
- Select the employee XYZ (XYZ represents the employee name).
- Press Edit.
- Perform some change.
- The system allows to save the changes, even with no write access maintained to the business role DEF.
The user has unrestricted write access to the General Settings view in Administrator work center.
This is the standard behaviour of the system.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer
Employee, Access Restrictions, General Settings, Edit , KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To