You created a customized report and want to show the description of a characteristic in the selection area but it still displays the characteristic's ID.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the view Design Reports.
- Search for the report ABC (ABC stands for a custom report you created before).
- Open the report.
- Go to the selection area of the report.
- Go to Show more and click Show Description.
- You will notice that the ID will still be displayed and the description is not shown.
When you created your customized report via the Report Wizard, you choose Fixed Hierarchy in step 4 Characteristic Properties for the characteristic that does not display the description in the selection area.
This is the expected system behavior and works as designed. If you would like to show the ID in the selection area of your customized report, please remove the Fixed Hierarchy from this characteristic in step 4.
If you would like to change the standard behavior, please go to our SAP Influence Forum and post your suggestion.
show description; show ID; report; characteristic; hierarchy; custom report; selection , KBA , AP-RC-ANA-UI , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics UI Framework , How To