- When you try to change the data in a story, the following error appears.
Another operation is currently being executed on this version. Please try again later.
- After that, if you try to publish the data, the following error shows.
The version is in use. Please try again later.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.13.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to SAC.
- Open a story.
- Change the data.
- Click Publish data button.
When a changed version is saved / published, there is a filter evaluated, resulting from the combination of role-based write data access control and data locks. With the current policies and implementation, the filter becomes so complex that the data saving gets stuck, leaving the version in a locked state.
The problem is to be fixed with release 2018.16.
As a workaround until then, please reduce the complexity of the security policy by reducing the number of roles with specific write data access rules, when using data locking at the same time.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , functionality , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem