You are trying to send a reply to a customer and receive the following error message ‘Changing Changed By Customer Indicator not possible; field is read-only’ when the ticket is in approval status.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: An inbound email has been created and the ticket is 'In Approval' status.
- Go to the Service work center.
- Go to the Tickets view.
- Open ticket XXX (XXX represents the ticked ID).
- Go to the Interactions facet.
- Click on the Reply button.
- Write a response and click on the Send button.
- The following error message is shown ‘Changing Changed By Customer Indicator not possible; field is read-only’.
Whenever an inbound email is received the Changed By Customer indicator is set to true. When the agent responds, this flag is set to false.
The purpose of this flag is to let the agents easily recognize which tickets got responses from customers.
If the ticket is ‘In Approval’ status, the ticket will become read only, i.e. no updates will be possible on the ticket attributes.
In this case since the agent/employee is typing out a reply, the internal indicator which indicates that the ticket was last updated by an employee (and not customer) cannot be updated and hence the error is displayed.
The ticket needs to be approved first and then the reply can be sent out.
Ticket, Reply, Interaction , KBA , service , tickets , interactions , reply , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To