- When entering wrong password once in a Story which is based on Live Data Connection to SAP BW in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), then multiple login attempts are being generated in the back-end.
- It happens only when using "Parallel sessions for BW data sources" option in the Administration menu of SAC.
- The user is being locked out and gets the following error message when trying to login to SAP BW:
"Login failed. Too many failed attempts."
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.13
- Live Data Connection to SAP BW
- Apache Reverse Proxy
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Story which is based on Live Data Connection to SAP BW.
- In the Administration menu set the "Number of parallel sessions for BW data sources" option to for example 10.
- Open the previously created Story.
- Enter a wrong password when credential window appears.
- Notice that multiple login attempts are being generated even if the password was mistyped only once. The user is also locked out from the BW system.
This issue is caused by a product defect.
This issue has been fixed in Wave 2018.17
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Login, Attempt, Failed, User, Credentials, Live, BW, Too, Many, Username, Password , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem