When you try to Preview the Data Source you get the error message: "Administrator has access to only simulated data: No Preview Supported".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Analytics Workcenter.
- Go to Design Data Sources View.
- Choose any Data Source.
- Click on Preview Button.
- You will get the error message: "Administrator has access to only simulated data: No Preview Supported".
This is because you have made a setting not to show real data to key users. You can check the same by following the steps given below.
- Go the Business Configuration Workcenter.
- Go to Overview
- Under Business Configuration Search, Search for Administrator Analytics.
- Under the Type Activity you will get the configuration element Administrator Analytics - Settings. Click on it.
- Under the title Real Data Shown to Key User Instead of Generic Data, you will see a check box Show Real Data.
- The check box will not be checked.
If the user does not choose to Show Real Data, it is expected behavior that the Data Source Preview will not be available.
Instead of showing dummy data, the preview itself is not supported.
Data Source Preview, Not Supported, Error Message, Simulated Data, No preview Supported, Administrator , KBA , data source preview , error message , preview , no preview supported , simulated data , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement