In a table, the comments are displayed.
However, if you add more permissions in the role, the comments of the same table disappear.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.13.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a role with limited access to a model.
- Grant this role to a user.
- Log in to SAC with this user.
- Open a story which contains a table.
- The user can see the comments.
- Add more permissions in the role in step 1.
- Open the same story as step 4.
- The user cannot see the comments.
For datapoint comments, commenting service takes into account the full context of the cell the comment is placed on.
Due to the new permission, the user has access to more dimension members and these dimension members contribute to the table as background dimension members.
Therefore the context of the cells in tables are different at different access settings.
That’s why the comments don’t get returned after the new permission is added.
This is the designed behavior.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, file, role, permissions, show, no, missing, activity, access , KBA , failed to save comments , security , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , Problem