When trying to assign a time account to an employee time profile, the following error message is raised upon selecting the time account rule:
Posting Type Carry Forward not Permitted for Account rule XYZ of Permanent Acct ABC (XYZ represents the code of the account rule, and ABC represents the name of the account).
SAP Business ByDesign - all versions
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Navigate to the Employees view.
- Search for an employee and click on Edit.
- Go to the Time Profile tab.
- Under the validity section of the time profile, select the Time Account Rules section.
- Add a row, and select a time account to be assigned.
- Upon selecting the time account rule, the error message appears.
This error is raised because the time account is configured as a permanent time account. This way, there is not an end of period for the account and hence no period end rule is applied.
In order to check and correct the setup of the time account, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- In the Overview view, search for the activity "Time Accounts - DEF" (DEF represents the country of the time accounts).
- Click on Time Account Types.
- Select the account to be used in the employee profile.
- In the Creation column, select the option Recurring.
After this, you need to define the recurrence of the account in the Recurrence column of the same screen.
time type, set to zero, carry on, carry over , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To