When Terminating a Concurrent Employment in the future, the workflow approval step should go to Second Employment Manager and second step should go to Primary Employment Dynamic Role.
However both steps go to the dynamic role of the Second employment.
Reproducing the Issue
Sample scenario (Create a workflow for Concurrent Employment Termination):
- In the data model, configure geozone as a custom field in Job Information.
- Set up a dynamic role as the workflow step approvers. Step 1 = Source and Step 2 = Target
- For that dynamic role, set the resolver to be dynamic groups based on the geozone of the employee.
- Set up the dynamic groups to have different users.
- For an employee, set their current geo zone, and approve any changes.
- Create a concurrent employment that will start in the future, e.g. 1/1/2020. Set the appropriate geozone, location info, etc. and finally, approve the Concurrent Employment record.
- Terminate that Concurrent Employment record. You will see the same approver twice - and the target approver is also included. You should see both the source and target.
As initially designed, Global Assignment and Concurrent Employment were not expected to have similar behaviors relating to workflow Target & Source approvers. In fact, in Concurrent Employments, there is no such concept of Home vs. Host - the concept is Primary vs. Secondary employments.
Concurrent Employment is not designed to support the target/source as home/host in Terminating the Employment. That is a Global Assignment behavior exclusively.
Please use our influence tool if you would want this behavior to be enhanced or to be aligned with Global Assignment, with respect to the EC Workflows functionality.m See article 2090228 for guidance
Concurrent Employment Workflow behavior, source target CE, source target workflow for Concurrent Employment, ECT-100392 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CGA , Global Assignments/ Concurrent Employment , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflow & Trigger (Rules & XML) , Problem