How can clock time based time sheet records be imported?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors - Employee Central Time Sheet
Prior to 1808, Time Sheets can be imported only for if the Time Recording Variant in Time Recording Profile is 'Duration'. Now with 1808 release, Time Sheets with Time Recording Variant as 'Clock Times' can also be imported a new object 'External Time Data' is introduced for this purpose. Below are the steps you need to perform:
- See that the example time recording is configured with the Time Recording Variant as 'Clock Time'.
- The Time Sheet UI of the employee to whom the Time Recording profile is assigned.
- Navigate to Manage Data and Create new 'External Time Data' as the image below.
- When you save you'll see that the status of the External Time Data will be 'New'.
- Then the nightly Time Sheet Generate job will pick up the record and insert the data to the time sheet UI. (This can be also tested by creating a Time Management Recalculation Event with 'Event Type' as Generate Time Sheet. See Screenshot below).
- At the end you can see that the Clock time based time sheet is entered for the particular start date.
- Finally, the status of the External Time Data will be set to 'Processed'.
- You can record both duration based as well as clock time based time sheets using the 'External Time Data' object (External Time Record object is only for Duration based time sheets)
- Only 1 start date can be given currently.
- You can also import the object using the import templated 'External Time Data'
- This is currently only supported for Positive time records.
For additional information, please refer to Set Up Import of External Time Data into Payroll Time Sheet.
Time Sheet Import Clock Time External Time Data TIM-4108 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , Product Enhancement